During our meeting today, we made great progress on our end deliverables: final report and promotional video. The two task forces worked through putting our semester's work into words and we are closer to wrapping up our concept. As we approach our last meeting of the semester, our end result is soon becoming a reality!
In today's Associate meeting, we reviewed and discussed the feedback that we received from the user interviews last meeting. The recommendations from the three users last week led us to talk through more information about tutors, overall experience, and the look of the app. We discussed pricing and how the tutors will be able to set their own prices and, additionally, what kind of cut we will take. Some further questions we worked through were the monetary aspects of the app as well addressing consumer app loyalty. After this session, we moved onto our end goals and split into two production teams: video and report. While teams were mapping out their progress and deliverables, the officers took associates one by one to get feedback regarding the organization, project, and the semester so far. We ended with the addressing of deadlines and scheduling team specific production meetings. Very productive day!
During today's meeting, the associates broke into teams to discuss three portions of the project: app design, setting up the mock user experience, and finding actual users. For our app design, the team mapped out what the ideal user experience should be and made sure that they were not ignoring any important elements from the wireframe. We debated the use of optional features that could boost ease of use and customer loyalty. As a result of this discussion, we will be able to plan for our user experience activity next week to efficiently receive feedback on our wireframe from four volunteer "users" and process our path going forward.
Before we started meeting this week, a poll was sent out to all Associates to determine which project that we would continue with for the rest of the semester. The project that was picked by popular demand was Team 2's Tutoring Service! So, we started the meeting this week by looking back to where we are in the Design Thinking process to remind Associates of our end goal. Then, we spent about 10 minutes on our own to brainstorm and create our own wireframes. These wireframes should depict how the ideal experience would look to all kinds of users. We then came back together as a group to combine our ideas and discuss how the wireframe should look. A majority of the meeting was spent on creating two different flow charts for the ideal student experience and the ideal tutor experience. Up next, the Officers will send out a google form for Associates to answer for ideas that solve both flow charts for students and tutors.
During our first meeting back from spring break, we broke up into our two teams to continue working on the Lean Model Canvas and pitch presentations. Team 1 is focusing on bringing healthy and convenient food to campus and Team 2 is working on an efficient tutoring platform for students. Each team presented their Lean Model Canvas and gave their pitches while the other team observed and gave feedback. Next week, we will further discuss the pros and cons of each option and will finally choose the project we will pursue for the rest of the semester. We are also having our first social of the year at Plucker's this week to give everyone an opportunity to hang out and get to know one another.
Paige and Rhea
This purpose of this blog is to inform readers of the discussions and decisions during the weekly UMBRA meetings as well as keep readers up to date on what is happening throughout the course of each semester.